The workshop ends with an informal small exhibition and celebration of the posters within the space.
Instruction will include for the advanced level the following:
- Historical presentation on the Arabic poster design.
- Layout design for Arabic vs.Latin posters.
- The complexities of typesetting: hierarchies and other typographic intricacies.
- Choosing & matching Arabic/Latin fonts.
- Combining Arabic/Latin fonts in expressive ways.
- Participants should have a basic knowledge of the Arabic alphabet and graphic design methods.
- Participants will be provided with ink, pens, pencils and paper to sketch on.
- Participants are encouraged to bring along Arabic magazines and newspapers to use as material for cutting and producing collages.
- Participants should bring their own laptop to the workshop with the software to design the posters on (Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop).
- Participants will be provided with digital printing facilities.
Capacity: 17 Students
Fees: AED 550.00
Please note that fees are non-refundable.