- Instruction will include for the advanced level the following:
- Historical presentation on Arabic & bilingual publication design.
- Design of grid systems for bilingual publications.
- Layout design for Arabic/Latin publications
- The complexities of Arabic/Latin typesetting and respective conventions
- Designing hierarchies and other typographic intricacies.
- Choosing and matching Arabic/Latin fonts for publications
- Combining Arabic/Latin fonts in interesting and effective ways.
- Participants should be proficient working on software like Adobe InDesign.
- Participants should bring their own laptop to the workshop with the software set up.
- The participant should be prepared to work intensively, investing their own time outside of workshop timings.
- Due to the compressed time and the nature of the workshops there will be homework required.
Capacity: 19 Students
Location: Tashkeel Nad Al Sheba
Fees: AED 1,640.00
Please note that fees are non-refundable.