The purpose of MEDEA is the advancement of education by encouraging and supporting excellence in design education and research within the Middle East; and being the regional authority on, and advocate for, design education and research.
• to be an advocate for undergraduate and postgraduate programs at a university level in design;
• to support the rich diversity of individual programs within the higher education sector;
• to create collaboration between programs in the higher education sector;
• to foster an attitude of lifelong learning;
• to encourage faculty and student exchange between programs;
• to provide recognition for excellence in the advancement of design education;
Membership is free, and is open to design educators and practitioners in the Middle East region.